What is a cookie?
Cookies are almost like a short-term memory, which are downloaded onto your computer or device as a text file which remembers details about your online vists. Some cookies come directly from our website or via a third party, which we have listed below. In terms of how long a cookie can last - this can vary; session cookies are deleted from your computer or device as soon as you close your web browser, where as a persistant cookie will remain on your computer or device until is has expired or been deleted by yourself in your web browser.
We use the following types of cookie:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies - This is essential to the running of our website, allowing you to add products to your basket, logging into your account and check out securely. Without this cookie, some parts of our website would not work.
- Performance & Functionality Cookies - This allows us to monitor the performance of our website, to ensure your user experience is as smooth as possible and to see where we can make improvements to your experience.
- Targeting & Advertising Cookies - These cookies allow us to target personalised adverts to you using third party services such as Google Adwords or on Social Media. This type of cookie may remember things like your demographics, age and gender.
Here's a round-up of the full list of third party companies who utilise cookies:
- Google Analytics (Strictly Necessary Cookie)
- Google Adwords Conversion (Performance Cookie)
- Google Adwords Remarketing (Targeting Cookie)
- Bing (Performance Cookie)
- AWIN - (Targeting Cookie)
- Hotjar (Performance Cookie)
- Facebook (Social Targeting Cookie)
- Twitter (Social Targeting Cookie)