The 10 Best Family Camping Tents 2021
Whether this is your first camping holiday or you go away every year, nothing can beat heading off to the countryside, pitching your tent and relaxing in the great outdoors – you’re going to have a great time!
However, before you go, you need to make sure you’ve got the most important piece of kit – your tent! It can be tricky to know which tent to buy for families, which is why we’ve pulled together some of the best family camping tents on the market right now.
Featuring the newest products from leading brands, you know you’re seeing the very best and latest family tents available, including those exclusive to Winfields.
Here’s a brief rundown of the 10 best family camping tents of 2021:
- Outdoor Revolution Atacama PC 6.0 Steel Poled Tent
- Vango Keswick II 600DLX TC Air Tent
- Outdoor Revolution Airedale 5.0s Air Tent
- Vango Keswick II 600 Family Tent
- Kampa Bergen 6 Air Pro Tent
- Outdoor Revolution Airedale 12.0 Air Tent
- Dometic Ascension FTX 601 Air Tent
- Outdoor Revolution Ozone 6.0XTR Vario Air Tent
- Vango Anantara III TC 650XL Air Tent
- Kampa Kielder 5 Air Tent
Read on to discover more about each tent and which one may be the best choice for your family’s next camping adventure…
The Outdoor Revolution Atacama PC 6.0 is a stunning family tent. Featuring a premium polycotton canvas, it performs as well in colder climates as it does in warmer ones.
Not only does the Atacama PC 6.0 handle a wide range of temperatures exceptionally well, it also has excellent acoustic performance. Its polycotton canvas subdues external noise, which makes the Atacama PC 6.0 perfect for camping in windy conditions.
You’ll also find plenty of room in this tent. Thanks to its spacious tunnel design it can easily accommodate 6 adults. In addition to three ‘bedrooms’, the Atacama PC 6.0 also has a central communal living room with large tinted windows, and an enclosed porch area.
Winning features include:
- Fully sewn in waterproof PE groundsheet.
- A pitching time of only 30-40 minutes.
- Vortex bedroom ventilation system.
- Integral multifunctional side annex that can act as a large storage space, private toilet, pet sleeping area etc.
Ever popular and evergreen, updated for 2021, Vango’s Keswick Air 600TC DLX tops the Keswick range of tents exclusive to Winfields. Vango’s iconic AirBeam technology and a quality Sentinel Exclusive flysheet fabric combine to produce a quick-pitching, stable and durable family tent. It marks the 600T DLX as outstanding value for money.
Well suited to family camping, the Keswick II 600 DLX Air layout allows flexible entry, including a side entrance with eyebrow canopy for convenient wet weather entry. A spacious inner tent sleeps up to six, featuring darkened Nightfall fabric for a great nights sleep and bedroom pockets for convenient storage of small essentials close to hand. A zipped inner divider offers greater privacy between bedrooms and can be rolled away when not in use.
This tent is also available as a polycotton tent.
Winning features include:
- A new side pod addition with a divider curtain for versatile storage away from the main living area.
- New Skytrack II System, for attaching optional lighting and accessories.
- New Super Zips on flysheet doors that are stronger, smoother and more durable – ideal for the heavier weight flysheet fabric.
- New Nightfall bedroom fabric helps reduce early morning light in your bedroom while being breathable for a great night’s sleep.
If you’re looking for a tent that’s trusted by thousands of families, then choose the Airedale 5.0s Air Tent. It’s packed with innovative tech to make camping simple and fun.
The Airedale 5.0s is constructed from a 240HDE premium fabric with added tape seams, with a 4000mm HH rating – so it’ll withstand the heaviest downpours whilst remaining lightweight and durable.
It’s also remarkably easy to pitch thanks to its Oxygen AIR Frame system which will have your tent up and ready to go in no time.
Easily able to accommodate 5 people, the Airedale 5.0s’ bedroom area is constructed from Outdoor Revolution’s darkened Twilight fabric which will ensure a sound and restful night’s sleep. It also features a generously sized communal living area.
Winning features include:
- Oxygen Air Frame with dynamic speed valve and intelligent relief valve system.
- Front zip to add optional sun canopy.
- Tinted PVC windows with zip-up curtains.
- Reflective guy lines with quick adjusters.
Only available at Winfields, the Keswick II 600 by Vango, is a six-person family tent which offers incredible value for money. Now in its fifth year on the market, this tent is packed full of features, including a full stand up height, Vango’s TBS II system for added strength during rough weather, plus handy storage solutions throughout to make life easier.
With a living area which is large enough to dine in and an attached front porch area, there is also plentiful space for storage, shelter and comfort on your camping trip – whether it’s for a weekend or a long stay. The front of the tent now a fully enclosable porch, which can be opened fully or closed, making this the perfect place for socialising or storage whilst protected from the elements.
- New front enclosed door with mud flaps.
- New high-level cable entry has been added between tent and awning.
- Newly updated with front and rear webbing straps.
- Pre-angled poles for better internal height and added strength during side winds.
- Pre-attached front extension makes for a great place for extra storage, shelter or unwanted items inside the living area like muddy shoes.
The Kampa Bergen 6 represents the ultimate family camping tent and is exclusive to Winfields. It boasts excellent headroom, impressive internal space and a great list of innovative features. This makes it one of our favourite picks for this season. A multi-point inflation AIR Frame makes for quick and easy set-up and takedown, while the quality 150D Weathershield fabric offers weather protection.
When it comes to family camping, this fantastic air tent ticks all the boxes. A well-designed layout encompasses an enclosed front, spacious living and porch areas. Spacious bedrooms, with a central master and a versatile integrated side annexe, provide all the space and features a modern family camping tent requires, offering a great scope of usage.
- Inflatable air tent with external inflation points for ease of access.
- Climate control ventilation allows for a comfortable flow of air to help minimise condensation.
- Extra headroom thanks to arch shape air tubes.
- Side door with canopy for flexible wet weather entry.
- Variable roll-to-side front door for versatile opening configurations to suit the conditions.
The ultimate choice for larger families ready to head into the great outdoors, the hugely popular and incredibly sized Airedale 12.0 from Outdoor Revolution is designed to bring people together. This tent is made from 240HDE premium fabric with taped seams, so wet weather isn’t an issue with rain just beading off to ensure you are protected from the elements.
The fabric is also durable and lightweight, making it perfectly suited for families that regularly camp and want an easy tent to set up. The Oxygen AIR Frame System comes with DSV (Dynamic Speed Valve), offering a fast inflation time and, with the added Intelligent Relief System, excess air pressure is automatically disposed of, maintaining optimal PSI pressure in the airframe for structural integrity and safety.
- Under window ventilation with a closed off external cover
- Tinted PVC windows with zip-up curtains
- Darkened ‘Twilight’ micro-polyester bedrooms with 2/2 toggle-in dividers
- Reflective guy lines with quick adjusters
- Adjustable pegging system
This premium family tent from Dometic encompasses the latest innovations and functional design to provide a comfortable home-from-home to embrace the outdoors. The Dometic Ascension FTX 601 features excellent quality throughout, including a high-performance Weathershield™ 150D polyester fabric and a Multi-Point Inflation TPU AIR Frame, for an easy-to-pitch and extremely strong structure.
The large layout for camping with family and friends features a door to each side for flexible entry. The versatile main front door has the ability to enclose the front of the tent, to open in three positions, or to be zipped-out completely for a seamless transition from outside to inside during warmer weather. Mesh panels combine with climate control ventilation for a comfortable airflow, helping to reduce condensation.
- The front door zips out completely for a seamless transition from outside to inside.
- Side canopy for a handy wet weather entry.
- A door on each side for flexible tent entry.
- Multi-Point Inflation for the simplest set-up and take-down.
- Large dimensions provide huge internal space, maximising the liveable space of your pitch.
Introducing the stunning Ozone 6.0 XTR Vario Air tent from Outdoor Revolution. Exclusive to Winfields, this tent features extra-deep ‘King Deluxe’ bedrooms, dark in colour and positioned at the darker coloured rear-section of the tent for a great night’s sleep. Perfect for long weekends away, this tent has an enormous living area that feels spacious and wide thanks to the lighter material used around the windows and the use of skylights.
The canvas has been produced from a lightweight 480HDE double rip-stop fabric weave, offering the optimum strength-to-weight ratio. Exceptionally water-resistant, rain will simply bead onto the surface and roll-off. Further protection from the elements is offered through a sewn-in groundsheet, while doors and vents incorporate phoenix mesh, improving air circulation.
- Dynamic speed valves are the quickest, simplest and most reliable inflation valve available.
- Intelligent frame relief valve protection system prevents over-inflation, expelling any excess air above 6psi.
- Versatile vario front door is an innovative variable front door panel that allows it to function as either an extension of usable living space or as a sheltered front porch area.
- Zip-off end bedroom means the end bedroom can be zipped fully away to create additional living or storage space.
- Internal PVC storm cover positioned at the front LH side upper window for further protection against the elements during adverse weather conditions.
Maximising space and luxury, Vango’s Anantara III TC 650XL Air represents the pinnacle in a family camping tent and has been further refined for the 2021 season. Still boasting the Sentinel Signature polycotton fabric, and a whole host of innovative features to make your camping experience one to remember, this tent now features an AirBeam S.I Pro single point inflation system for easy inflation ease.
Superbly laid out for family camping with a villa construction and conservatory front, it has multiple access doors and one covered with a canopy for wet weather entry. Near-vertical sides create a comfortable height and more useable space in both living and sleeping areas, with a built-in front awning providing versatile additional storage or shelter. The internal door can be half-opened or fully rolled to the side for flexible expansion.
- Villa construction with upright sidewalls increases the height within the tent allowing you to fully maximise the internal space.
- Built-in front awning provides extra enclosed space perfect for socialising, dining and storage.
- A double section living area provides you with plenty of space for all the family to relax and unwind.
- Multi-flex front doors allow you to have varying levels of opening, perfect for any weather.
- The double zip door provides additional flexibility by allowing the top of the door to be opened slightly for increased ventilation.
A functional tunnel design tent packed full of useful features and updated for 2021, Kampa’s Kielder 5 Air tent is ideal for families, accommodating comfortable sleeping for five people in a compact value for money package. Weather protected ventilation can be found at the front and rear of the tent and the large front canopy further adds to the space this tent gives you.
The spacious living area features daylight ceiling panels allowing much more natural light to enter into the tent keeping things light and airy. The living area is further enhanced by the large windows allowing for great views with mesh front and side doors providing comfortable bug-free ventilation. Darker material is used towards the rear of the tent, keeping the sleeping area darker, aiding your sleep.
- Inflatable making for easy to access external inflation points.
- Crystal clear windows with blinds that can be toggled half-open or fully closed.
- Side door for flexible access.
- Drop-down doorstep for flat and easy access into the living area.
- Darker sleeping pod material reduces the amount of morning light.
These are just a small selection of the amazing tents available at Winfields Outdoors – we stock a collection of tents, including weekend tents, smaller 1- 2 person tents and from the biggest brands in camping. Check out our full range today for exclusive options.
Click on the links for more camping essentials to take on your next adventure.