If you’re going camping with the family, it’s vital you have a good quality tent. You need something that is sturdy, comfortable and protects your nearest and dearest from the elements. You need a family tent.
At Winfields, we have large family tents for all requirements and budgets from some of your favourite brands, including Vango, Kampa and many more. Our range is updated for the 2020 camping season so you know you’re getting the very latest tents. From 3-4 person tents to large 8+ person tents, we have something for all families but also groups of friends going away together.
So whether you’re after a more basic cheap family tent or something more luxurious with rooms, you’ll find it with our large tent collection. Enjoy free delivery on orders over £50.
For more information, click here to skip to our full guide at the bottom of the page.
- Outdoor Revolution Atacama PC 6.0 Steel Poled Tent£1,149.99 RRP £1,699.00 Save £549.01 Was £1,399.00
What are the Best Family Tents?
Family size tents are their own kind of breed. Whether you have a large family to cater for, or it’s just a few of you, comfort usually comes first.
Here are a few camping tent features that you might want to look out for your family camping holiday:
- Black out walls - stop early sunrises interfering with lie-ins
- Porch areas - give yourself plenty of living space outside
- Zippable inner rooms - give yourself a little privacy
- Reflective guylines - minimise the chance of trips when running around outside
- Organiser pockets - stash away bits and pieces to keep safe and tidy
See our Top 10 Best Family Tents to find our most recommended options.
What Are Family Size Tents?
Getting the right size tent is important for a family camping trip. You need to make sure you have plenty of space not only for sleeping, but for storing everyone’s essentials. You might want to consider everyone’s age, too, and how long you will have the tent for - the kids might be happy to cosy up now, but they might want a bit more space for themselves in future. When buying a family tent, it’s a good idea to buy a size bigger than you need.
For a family size tent, our 5 to 6 person tents are ideal. If it’s just the 4 of you, older kids will be grateful for not feeling on top of one another - if you find one with three zippable sleeping areas, they can even get their own ‘bedroom’ to retreat to. If you want to go larger, 7 person tents and above are like mini mobile homes, offering large living areas for large family groups.
What Else Do You Need For a Family Camping Trip?
Once you have picked out your family size tent, there are a few other bits of camping gear that you might need for your family camping trip. Here are some essentials to consider:
- Tent porch awnings and extensions - extending your living space that little bit more makes the most of family size tents
- Tent carpets and rugs - keeps your tent warmer and more homely
- Sleeping mats - gives fussy sleepers the best chance of a good night’s sleep